Samstag, 31. Dezember 2011

We're still in 2011



I decided to write the last post for this year with a few thoughts about this year.
For me this year kind of went fast. I remember around this time and exactly one year back, I've thought that 2011 will be another long way to go, but now we're already here and I realize how fast time flies. I don't know where to start, especially when my first post lays 4 days back but you might as well visit a previous blog. It reveals less about me, rather a few fragments in 2011 through meaningless pictures.
New year's eve is honestly just another night for me, that gives idiots a legal reason to throw firecrackers at almost anything. I have the feeling that nothing's really going to change after this night. I know that people use to make new year's resolutions but mostly, they can't keep 'em up and usually fail. Call me a pessimist, but I highly doubt that I will ever keep 2012's resolutions. But yes, I have a few in mind, just like getting more hard-working when it comes to school or starting to read more interesting books or gaining more self-confidence or minding more about my health, etc. Most important thing, I want to give my life more meaning.

Superficially seen, 2011 has been a rather unproductive year flooded with many broken promises for me. I'm frankly disappointed. I seriously need to reconsider my approach, if I ever want to achieve something in life.
As 2012 rolls around, I'm forced to move something for myself or else I end up disenchanted once again and I'm sick of that. I blame myself for thinking of having no control over what's happening nor over where my life is headed but that is an excuse. I have control over nearly every factor in my life yet I didn't do anything to kill that feeling/thought.
But if I think about every sporadically memory in 2011 profound, I've got to admit that it wasn't that bad. For instance, I graduated from secondary school with pleasant performances. I'm now in A-Levels, which makes me proud at myself. I finished my first book, which was Der Vorleser.

Farewell, 2011. We'll never get to see again.
I can't make any more sense about the paragraph 2011 by re-thinking and re-reading it. Past is past and it was meant to be. I regret that I didn't do much this year that could make me be proud of, but now it's the right time to get over it and work towards my goals. For now, I wish a happy new year and if you haven't made your new year's resolutions, you should do them now!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen